Unit 0: Introduction to Paediatric Neurology
This Unit covers some broad principles which underpin the practice of paediatric neurology, evidence based medicine, principles of neuroimaging and rehabilitation.
This Unit contains 15 hours of study, divided into the following sections:
1. Evidence based medicine
2. Principles of neuroimaging
3. Principles of neurorehabilitation
|Total study hours =||15 hours|
You can begin studying this Unit at any time and work through it at your own pace. There are no time limits to finish the Unit. If you spend about 4 hours per week on this course, you will complete it in about 4 weeks. When you complete the unit, please send it to us and we will check that all 3 star activities have been completed and will issue a CPD certificate for the number of hours shown above.
Who is this Unit for?
This Unit is particularly suitable for:
- Paediatric trainees
- Specialist Paediatric trainees
- Specialist Paediatric Neurology trainees
- Consultant Community Paediatricians
- Consultant Paediatricians
The course is delivered via a dedicated website. On receipt of your application we will register you and send your username and password to access your unit. All the activities and required papers are available for you to download from the course website. You will not need access to any additional resources to complete this unit.
If you enrol on an individual unit, this Introduction to Paediatric Neurology unit is provided at no cost - it is your choice if you complete it, however, other participants have found it very helpful (see their comments below).
What do students say are the best things about this unit?
- “Evidence based medicine teaching” (UK, Switzerland, New Zealand, Uzbekistan)
- “Evidence based medicine” (Georgia)
- “All of it” (Saudi Arabia, UK)
- “Neuroradiology” (UK)
- “Evidence based medicine, although difficult it was rewarding and relevant to clinical practice” (Sweden)
- “Revision of the basics” (Australia)
- “Basic science review” (Australia)
- “Neuroimaging” (Saudia Arabia)
Access to this unit is automatically provided when you sign up for the whole course or any individual unit.