2022 Presenter Instructions
The conference will be delivered virtually via the BPNA app.
All oral presenters need to register for the conference.
Oral presentations will have 15 minutes each: 10 minutes for the presentation, with a further 5 minutes for discussion. Chairing will be strict.
All oral presentations will be recorded in advance and streamed at the scheduled time by the Chairs of the session. At the end of your presentation, the Chairs will take questions live from the audience. The presenter will need to be available in the session to answer the questions live.
We will send you an email inviting you to record your presentation and with specific instructions.
Any queries regarding oral presentations should be sent to email@example.com.
All poster presenters need to register for the conference.
All posters will be available to view in the conference app. You are invited to prepare your poster in Powerpoint and also record an audio narrative to the poster (2-minutes max).
There are two prizes for posters - one for the poster and one for audio narrative.
To prepare your poster
We would like people to be able to view and hear your poster. Therefore we need you to upload BOTH a pdf, so people can zoom into the detail, AND an mp4 file, so people can hear your commentary.
- Prepare your poster in Powerpoint, as a single slide, landscape orientation
- Export your file to pdf. File > Export > File name [poster number]> File format pdf > Export
- Add an audio narrative in Powerpoint. Go to Insert > Audio > Record audio. Save and check
- Open your Powerpoint file and convert it to an mp4 file. Go to File > Export > Save as a movie. This will output an mp4 file
Only mp4 files will play the audio narrative in the conference app. Only pdf files are 'zoomable'.
To upload your posters:
- Only the person who submitted the abstract can upload the poster (submitter). If this is not the correct person please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitter, you must have registered for the conference before the facility to upload the poster will be available
- Submitter, login to your BPNA account at https://bpna.org.uk/login.php (using the login details that you used to submit your abstract)
- Click MY ACCOUNT (top right-hand corner) > ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED
- Click UPLOAD PDF POSTER and UPLOAD MP4 file
Deadline for poster uploads has been extended to 14 January 2022.
Any queries regarding your poster should be sent to email@example.com
Video challenge presentations
All video challenge presenters need to register for the conference.
A few abstracts will be selected for the 'Video Challenge' event, which will be held on Wednesday 19 January 2022 at 15.30-17.45 (UK time). We will email to direct about arrangements if your abstract has been selected for this.
Any queries regarding video challenge presentations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abstracts selected for presentation at the BPNA conference will be published in the journal Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology.